Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

JewelMint review

So I've been a member of shoe/purse of the month clubs for awhile now, but recently, a jewelry club popped up too. It's the same concept as JustFabulous and ShoeDazzle. At the beginning of the month, they send you selections based on your style (they do a style quiz when you sign up). You can skip the month if you see nothing you like. The items are $29.99 each and there is free shipping/exchanges.

One thing I like about the showroom is that you can add more items by choosing the see more option. From there, you can click "like" if you want to see it in your showroom.

I finally decided to make a purchase because they were having a BOGO event. For every item I purchased, I will get a credit on Dec 1st. So that makes each item only $15 shipped.  I figured I had nothing to lose at that price. My first selections were the Poseidon Disc necklace and the Pearl Bouquet ring. I got both today and I love them.
Love the packaging! Definitely ready to be given as a gift.
Pearl Bouquet ring. Soo pretty. And really good quality. Their rings come in 3 sizes (6, 7, 8). 
Poseidon Disc necklace
Here's the ring on. It's the perfect statement ring. Good size w/o being overwhelming. (Notice I'm hiding my need for a manicure!) 
Close up of the pendant. Really hard to get a good pic. 
Back of the pendant is engraved with the Jewelmint logo
Here it on. (Excuse my no makeup/slobbiness, I've been cleaning all day.) It's a really long necklace, but you can wear it shorter.  

Overall, I love the items. They seem to be good, heavy quality. Don't feel cheap. And they look just like they photographed on the website. I don't see having a problem using my 2 credits in December.

Shipping was relatively quick, I order on Wednesday and got them on Monday. It is Fedex smartpost since it's free which means Fedex delivers it to the post office who then delivers it in your mail., But, I'm only a state away so I got it quickly. People on the east coast will prob have a longer delivery time. 

One thing I REALLY wish they had, was a color option. There's many items that I'd buy if they were in silver rather than gold. I am really pale so I don't look good in gold but it seems there is more gold than not. I would love the Poseidon necklace soo much more if it wasn't bronze. But it will probably end up being a gift. There's a pair of pink drop earrings that I love, but since they are gold, I won't buy them.

There are a few things that I think they could improve. They are a very new company though so I'm sure some thing will improve. The website is the biggest thing I think could easily be improved. The zoom option doesn't appear to actually zoom. It brings up the picture, but it's about the same size or smaller. I'd love to be able to really zoom in to see the details since it's jewelry. I also wish the order history actually showed the date you ordered. Right now it just shows the status of the item. Also, if you buy 2 items at the same time, they both ship together (which I prefer), however, I think they should include the tracking # on both items to avoid any confusion.

I also think they should add a FAQS page. All I see in the How It Works section is videos and most people don't have time to pay attn to those or can't if they are working. Would be much easier to have an area that lists the info. 

Another big thing is referrals. Unfortunately, you can only refer by sending an email. :( Having a link would be so much more beneficial since you can post it anywhere. But, you also get 1 credit per referral (if they purchase) so that is a great bonus. 

If anyone is interested in becoming a member, please send me your email address so that I can get a credit. You can become a member w/o having to buy anything. :) They also don't ask for your credit card # until you make your first purchase.

22 comments:

  1. Great review! I just received my first piece too and am very pleased. That ring is huge! Didn't realize it was that big. Definitely a statement piece like you said. Enjoy your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've been looking at that ring. I've been a member for a while and haven't purchased because I hadn't seen any reviews. Thanks for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you end up getting Jen? Yeah the ring is definitely big, but not crazy big. Thanks!

    Ivie~you'd prob love the stuff because I know you like statement pieces too. The BOGO offer is what got me to finally pull the trigger. Especially since I hadn't really seen any reviews either. Hope the review helped :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting the pics of the ring on your hand...it was an item I'm considering and it helps to see it on. Fortunately, as far as I'm concerned, the bigger the better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NP Barbara. I recommend it for sure, especially if you like bigger rings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOH, if you guys see this, there's a Groupon right now for JewelMint. Not sure if it will work for current members, but I'm gonna try it anyway. It's for an item for $15 instead of the usual $30. I figure if it's for new members only, I'll open a 2nd account. Here's the link http://www.groupon.com/mobile-baldwin-county/

    and if you aren't already a groupon member, please sign up through my link first so I can get a credit! :) http://www.groupon.com/r/uu1156664

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I got the groupon! And don't miss out on the Black Friday sale...code BF2010 for 50% off! Just bought 3 pieces. Eeek!

    Great review, btw! I agree about having more silver pieces. I'm not much into gold. And I wish they had a shopping cart so you could buy more than one item at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks France, I'm blaming you when my hubby asks why I just spent $90. :) lol Any idea how to use the groupon? I got it too, but not sure. lol Plus I should have a referral credit soon as well as the 2 credits from the bogo on the 1st. YAY!

    Yes! A shopping cart was the other thing that would be great to have. Esp today when I bought 6 items and had to check out 6 times which will mean 6 separate charges on my acct. Not a huge deal, but a cart would definitely be more convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha and I'll blame you for the Groupon purchase! ;)

    I just went and tinkered with checkout & Groupon and this is what you do. At JW's checkout, click on the 'gift card' option instead of 'credit card'. It'll ask you for a code. Enter the 'promotional code' that is on the bottom right of your groupon certificate. it will then add 1 credit to your account.

    Too bad there was a limit of 1 per person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome thanks, I'm gonna go try that! Yeah I wasn't sure if the groupon had to be a new member, so I'm glad to know it doesn't. Thanks for figuring it out for me. :) I'd def have bought more too if I could have! But the BF deal made up for that anyway. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Psssssst...http://www.groupon.com/deals/jewelmint-detroit/

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi there!

    i just put in my first order yesterday and i am anticipating my necklace arrival- this might sound like a strange question but does the jewelry "smell"- sometimes my cheaper pieces from forever 21 tend to give off a metallic smell that is gross. what do you think? is this comparable to nordstrom jewelry?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Chloe. I didn't notice any odd smell. I just went to smell them again to check for you and I don't smell anything. But your nose may be more sensitive so it could smell funny to you. I don't shop at Nordstrom much so it's hard for me to compare. But, it's definitely better quality than F21. It's better than most of the stuff I buy at Kohl's too IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  14. And dang France, I didn't see your message before it was already over! :( Not that I really need another item anyway so it's probably a good thing. lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have no fear Crystal, there's another one going on in North Jersey! bwaahaha ;)
    http://www.groupon.com/deals/jewelmint-north-jersey
    I think they're pretty much going to hit all the cities with this deal! We're doomed!

    Chloe, I know exactly what you mean about the metallic smell! I ordered the Flower Power necklace (which arrived broken the first time, but they promptly overnighted a replacement for me!) and it does have that smell. I'm thinking of returning it anyway because the designs on the top part of the necklace don't lay flat, they keep twisting and it bothers me. But it does look nice though!

    I haven't bought any Nordstrom jewelry either, so I cant compare them. I have 3 more pieces on their way to me, so I can comment better after I receive them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you so much for your input- please let me know about your next 3 pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! If anyone is interested in selling me their Poseidon Disc necklace, please let me know! The item is sold out, and I want one real bad! I'm willing to pay more for it. Thanks! email me at jlshostak@yahoo.com My name is Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just became a member and made my first purchase. I started having some second thoughts so I searched for reviews. I'm so happy to see a couple of good reviews. I was even thinking of canceling my membership and now I'm thinking I may just have to skip a few months and keep the membership.

    ReplyDelete
  19. can someone reply if they can help me. I recently purchased some jewelry but i'm a bit confused about the membership thing. they say you can skip if a month if you see nothing you like so does that mean that $29.99 will be taken from my credit card monthly in addition to what i am spending on the jewelry?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Emelda, the membership is free. You have til the 5th to skip each month. If you skip, there will be no charge. If you forget to skip, there will be a $29.99 charge, but you will have 1 credit for a piece of jewelry in your account. So you aren't losing any money, you just paid for a piece of jewelry basically. Hope that helps

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just bought a $9.99 stuff a few minutes ago for my first purchase. Will they still charge me $29.99 for this monthly membership fee for this month?

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik