Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Storage Tin

My aunt had asked for something that she could put on her nightstand for a small amount of storage. I couldn't decide what to make and then I realized I had a couple of storage tins in the closet that I never got around to using so, I decided to see what I could come up with.

The paper is from Imaginisce "Twitterpated". I love the set since it has cute birds and rabbits and foxes. The So Tweet stamp is also from the set and I heat embossed it using a black embossing powder. I adhered it with modge podge and did a layer over the top as well.

Unfortunately the handles were broken from shipping so I used a few coordinating colors of ribbon and threaded it through the handles holes instead.

Last week, I got a GREAT deal on about 21 tubes of Tim Holtz alcohol ink and I've been itching to try it. Well, since I was using tin, I figured I'd use it for the top. If you've never used these before, you totally should! I sponged on 3 coordinating colors and then added the gold mixative. It was clogged so it came out WAY too much! Luckily with the inks, it doesn't matter and you can still get a really cool effect. After I got it all on, I used some blending solution to lighten it a little bit and give it a better blend. I LOVE the way the top turned out. I can't wait to use the inks again.

I heat embossed the deer and bunny using gold embossing powder. Both the animals are from Stampin Up "Forest Friends". The tree, "life is good", "love," and "happiness" are all rubons from SU "Bright Delight". To add a little dimension, I popped up a polka dot flower. I couldn't find a matching smaller flower, so I sponged a white one to match the dots. Then added a corduroy brad from SU.

I hope she likes it.

2 comments:

 
Images by Freepik