Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Toddlers are unpredictable

Ethan woke up this morning about an hour earlier than usual. I think it was too cold upstairs (Texas fall weather is just as unpredictable). He did not wake up happy. It was a chore just getting him downstairs for breakfast. None of the usual tricks were cheering him up and he ended up making a huge mess of his meal.

I tried just about every toy, his fave animal sound video, motorcycle videos, music and dancing, but he was having none of it. I almost decided to skip meeting Josh for lunch for Veterans Day. 

Then, just like that, he was back to sweet toddler. So I got them both dressed and into the car. He was great at lunch eating like a champ. We got home and played some more and he was still good.

Then came the absolute adorableness. I took him up for his nap and since Emma was happy in her swing (rare at naptime), I took the time to lay in the lounger with him first. He pulled open my cardigan so he could snuggle in close to me. Then he gave me sweet pats on my arm and back while "singing" to me. He was going ahh ahh ahh softly in time with the music. 

It was the sweetest thing ever and totally made up for the terror he was all morning. I swear this kid knows how to make me forget about how bad he can behave sometimes. He's totally a sour patch kid: first he's sour, then he's cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik