Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mermaid card

During pole class the other day, we learned a new trick that had no name. Someone said it looked like a mermaid and it reminded me of the Mermaid Treasure stamp set I got from Bombshell stamps that I haven't even used yet. So, decided to finally use it.

I had a white top note already cut and the mermaid stamp just happened to fit perfectly. I stamped the image and colored it using my Stampin Write markers. Then I decided I didn't want to have a white background or a border around the image. So, I stamped the same image on another page and cut it out to use as a mask. You can't tell, but I ended up using about 4 different blue inks so stamp the water because I kept deciding to go darker. I used the mask again so that I could add the plants in the water. Then threw a bunch of fish around her.

I then used a shimmery white for that layer, but it seemed to stark so I added some blue sponging to that as well and then added the treasure chest and the "Check out the booty". All of the stamps used on this card are included in the Mermaid Treasure set.

Of course then I decided, gotta add some bling. I stickled the mermaid fin and added some gold stickles in the treasure chest too. The green sequins are stringed together. My mom sent them to me awhile ago and I'm glad she did since it's not something I would normally think to add to a card, but I love the way they went with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik