Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Stamp club scrapbook pages

So this month in stamp club, our Stampin Up demonstrator mixed it up a bit. Rather than having 3 cards ready for us to make, we were given free reign! I was a little worried since it's hard to think up stuff and be creative on the spot sometimes so I wasn't sure I'd come up with anything cute.

So to start, we all got 1 piece of 12 x 12 plain paper to do what we wanted with (cards, scrapbook page, etc). Then there was accent paper, punches, stickers, and brads set out. I decided since I have plenty of cards and 1 scrapbook page didn't make sense, so I decided to fourth the paper and make 4 6 x 6 pages.

Here's a pic of all 4 completed pages. The papers and stickers are all from the Sunny Day Simply Scrappin Kit. I LOVE the colors in this set and may have to buy it to make a whole scrapbook out of. It comes with printed cardstock with matching solid colored cardstock. It also comes with 6 pages of stickers/borders.

When I do scrapbook pages, I like to make the 2 pages match, but typically flip them so that they aren't identical. Here I cut the trim paper at 2 x 12 and then cut that in half. I used the scallop edge punch on all of the trim pieces. I adhered that about 1/2 in above the bottom so that I could add the strip underneath it. The pink strip (and green on the other 2 pages) is a sticker from the kit.

The circles and flowers are both punches from Stampin up and I just added stickers from the kit to the center. I used a brad for the bird's eye on this one. (The bird's eye on the other page is just put over a dot on the paper). The photo mats are cut at 3 x 4. I used dimensionals on all the punched out pieces.

I think they turned out super cute and I adore this bright, summery kit. Now I just have to decide if I want to buy the set. I think for these 4 pages, I might just punch a hole in the top to make it a mini album and use a connector with ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik